Gallery Representation by
Art Connections Gallery
Over the past couple of years, I have researched what it takes to be represented by a gallery. I also attended some gallery talks given by successful gallery owners. One thing that every gallery owner talked about was a cohesive subject matter and coordinated framing choices.
So I set a goal to pursue painting in a specific genre: Florals. Not to say I didn’t paint other subjects, I did. But I put a heavy concentration on the florals. In October, I was approached by a gallery owner who asked if we could meet in November about selling my artwork in her new gallery in LaGrange, Texas. Ummmm…YES!
Fast forward to December 2017. That meeting happened. I signed the contract and delivered eight pieces of art to Art Connections Gallery at 123 N. Main Street, LaGrange, Texas. (www.artconnectionsgalllery.com) I’m thrilled!
If you're in the area, please stop by and say hello! I am in the company of many great artists both 2D and 3D. It's a great gallery in a quaint fun small Texas town. All kinds of cute restaurants and shops. Go see!
2017 is a Wrap!
It was a busy and exciting year for me in my art business! A short synopsis:
* Attended the International Association of Pastel Societies Conference where I attended demos and participated in workshops by nationally and internationally known artists
* Took a five day intensive workshop with Master Pastelist and Oil Painter, Albert Handell and a three day Abstract and Floral workshop with Debora Stewart
* A painting juried into two INTERNATIONAL online shows
* Won First Place for “Flower Power” in the Still Life/Floral category in a NATIONAL show in Grapevine, TX
* Participated in TWELVE juried and non-juried exhibitions around the great state of Texas
* Created a Facebook page dedicated to art only: J Schedler Art (If you are a FB user, please “like” my page!…and ask your friends to do so as well. Thanks!)
* Two paintings were selected to be displayed at the Bastrop Public Library for one year as part of the Bastrop Art In Public Places program
* Art Connections Gallery in LaGrange, TX asked to represent me and I said YES! EIGHT of my floral paintings are there now
Always first, I give thanks to God for the talents bestowed upon me and my parents who kicked me outside with that Big Chief tablet and pencil to “busy myself” until dinner. LOL! And YOU!! If you are reading this, know that you are a huge part of my success! THANK YOU.
Can’t wait to see what 2018 holds, but for now, I am thankful for the measure of success I have today. ~joycelyn
Pastel Painting Basics
Instructor: Joycelyn Schedler
at the Lost Pines Art Center. Contact me for next class dates!
9" x 12" Pastel painting on sanded paper
I was honored that a high school friend commissioned me to paint him and his wife viewing the Eiffel Tower. He surprised his wife with it at the Lost Pines Art Center. Great moment! Thank you Gregory for putting your trust in me to create this special gift.
My sister-in-law also commissioned me to paint her daughter-in-law on her favorite horse. My first time to paint the full body of a horse...jumping...with a person on board. It was a challenge, but I like how it turned out and I only heard rave reviews about is, so I am thrilled that the painting will be enjoyed for many years. Thank you Maggie for trusting me to create this special gift.